Likes, dislikes, and more from the 30-13 loss to the Chargers.
- Nothing. I couldn’t think of anything good today. The Breeland INT return was courtesy of a bad throw.
- Defense. Name it and it was done to them in the first-half in particular. It allowed 354 yds and points on 5 of 6 Charger possessions during the disastrous first half. The Chargers nearly went 6 for 6 on first-half drives but the clock ran out at the Skins’ 3-yd line to end the half. In the 2nd half, the only thing that stopped the Chargers were inches on a spot, penalties, dropped passes, or the one bad throw that Breeland intercepted. It was a pathetic effort against an albeit red-hot offense and QB.
- Running game. Nothing was generated against the 31st-ranked run defense in the league.
- Kirk Cousins. He was off today. It was his worst game of the season. He threw a bad interception into coverage in the first quarter and overthrew Vernon Davis on a 4th-down in the first half that would’ve been a touchdown with a better throw. He also fumbled again on a sack but the play was ruled dead prematurely. He under-threw Crowder on a 3rd-down throw late. What I hated the most about his performance today is that it appeared to me that he had one foot out the door in the 2nd half.
- Pass catchers. Vernon Davis should’ve slowed on a deep ball early to draw a P.I. and could’ve laid out a bit on the 4th-down overthrow. Doctson tried to one-hand catch a high 3rd-down throw off-schedule and let a corner jump him on a 3rd-down slant. His lack of urgency is tough to watch. I know it’s his style but he needs more production.
- End of 1st half. I really thought the Chargers should’ve been given one second on the final play of the half.
- Morgan Moses false starts more than he gets called for it. He jumped early on a first-half completion.
- Josh Norman has gotten beat a ton over the last few weeks.
- Not going for 2 after the Breeland INT return and choosing to pass on an onsides kick is quitting no matter the situation.
- It’s over mathematically. Skins were eliminated officially from the playoff race.