BRING RYAN KERRIGAN TO SCHOOL OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF WASHINGTON, D.C., MARYLAND AND NORTHERN VIRGINIA WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND WITH A CHILD IN EITHER PUBLIC OR PRIVATE SCHOOL (GRADES K THROUGH 8) .VOID WHEREVER ELSE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- To Enter: This Sweepstakes begins at 6:01am (EST) on Monday August 29, 2016 and ends at 11:59pm (EST) Sunday September 25, 2016. Access the ESPN980 Website at www.espn980.com and follow the on-screen instructions. One entry per student, multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties, telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues which might affect the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winner. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or incorrect entries or other Sweepstakes materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the sponsor and will not be returned.
- First prize (1): the prize winner’s child’s school will be offered an hour visit by Ryan Kerrigan as the prize. Ryan Kerrigan will visit the school at a time and date to be mutually agreed upon by ELEPHANT AUTO INSURANCE, ESPN980 and the winner’s school, during an assembly. Ryan will speak to the assembly and then meet the child of the winner backstage for a photo opportunity and autograph signing. There is no cash or other value for the prize. Second Prize (1): a VIP Game Day package for four to the Saturday January 1st, 2017 game between the Washington team and New York team. (Package includes: game tickets, parking pass (1), VIP Tailgate Party and a pre-game visit on the field to watch the teams warm up before kick-off.)
- The winners will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the Prizes.
- There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes or cash of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Winner Determination: Winner will be determined in a random drawing on or about September 26, 2016, between the hours of noon and 6 p.m. EST, by radio station personnel, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by telephone on or about September 26, 2016, and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release within five (5) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within five (5) days, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at sponsor’s sole discretion. Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
The contestant selected will be deemed the potential winner:
1) After the contestant’s child’s school has been contacted by the station; and
2) It has been verified by the station that the contestant’s child attends the school
in Washington, DC; Maryland or Northern Virginia.
3) If the contestant’s child’s school can accommodate Ryan Kerrigan’s visit on a mutually agreed upon date.
If one of the above criteria is not met then a new winner will be chosen by the Station in a random drawing from the remaining valid entries.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Washington, D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia who are 21 years of age or older and with a child in either public or private school (grades K through 8). Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Elephant Auto Insurance Services, LLC 9950 Mayland Drive Drive #400 Henrico, VA 23233 and its respective affiliates, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, Red Zebra Broadcasting and other Washington DC DMA Radio Station. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Cash equivalent may be less than the approximate retail value of the prize. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of the prize winners. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winners shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winners from any prize element, based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize. By opting in for more information about Elephant Auto Insurance you will be automatically entered into a drawing for Second Prize: Redskins Game Day Package.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above.
Prize may need to be picked up at WTEM-AM-ESPN 980 offices located at 1801 Rockville Pike, Suite 405, Rockville, MD 20852 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Winner must furnish an original Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and original proof of date of birth. No prize will be released until the Affidavit and proof of birth is furnished to the radio station.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the sweepstakes may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
In consideration of the undersigned’s receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guests, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever shall release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, prize winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; prize winner’s Sweepstakes entry; use of prize winner’s name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner’s receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion at any time without notice or further obligation.
- Electronic Entries: In the event of a dispute, on-line entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete or postage–due mail-in entries, or for on-line entries not received due to lost, failed delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by web-site visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.